Like the idea of eating seasonal produce grown on regional farms but wonder what's in season near you this week? Use these easy search tools to find out. The maps to nearby farmers' markets even include directions by car, bike, walking and public transit. Follow the links to learn more about individual food items including great recipes with which to prepare them. Want to bring Eat Local shopping with you? Download the new NRDC Eat Local app from the iTunes store!
Whether you prefer fish, fowl or vegies for your fire pit, you can avoid hazards if you follow these simple steps.
When you're shopping for food or other household items, how can you distinguish reliable label claims?
Large-scale, confined poultry operations bring serious health and environmental impacts. Consider the alternatives.
- Bisphenol A (BPA)
- Hexavalent Chromium
- Methylene chloride (dichloromethane)
- Perchloroethylene (Tetrachloroethylene, PERC, PCE)
- Propoxur (Flea and Tick Pesticide)
- Sulfur Dioxide
- TDCP/TCEP (Chlorinated Flame Retardants)
- Tetrachlorvinphos (Flea and Tick Pesticide)
- Trichloroethylene (TCE)
- Triclosan and Triclocarban (Antibacterials)