Beer Tempura Goat Cheese Stuffed Squash Blossoms
These crispy fritters will make the perfect topping to any salad. Thanks to Eric Koepsel, Chef of the Porterhouse in West Seattle for this delicious recipe!
15 fresh squash blossoms
10oz local organic soft goat cheese
2 tablespoons fresh chopped thyme
1 tablespoon fresh chopped lemon zest
2 cups all purpose flour
1 pint of beer (your choice)
pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Whip goat cheese, thyme, lemon zest and a pinch of salt together until smooth.
2. Using a sandwich bag, pipe cheese mix into the squash blossoms.
3. To prepare the tempura batter, whisk together the flour, beer, cayenne pepper, and a pinch of salt.
4. Carefully dip the stuffed blossoms into the tempura batter, and then immediately submerge them in oil heated to 350F degrees.
5. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes until light brown.
6. Serve on a bed of fresh greens and vegetables with your favorite seasonal dressing.
- Bisphenol A (BPA)
- Hexavalent Chromium
- Methylene chloride (dichloromethane)
- Perchloroethylene (Tetrachloroethylene, PERC, PCE)
- Propoxur (Flea and Tick Pesticide)
- Sulfur Dioxide
- TDCP/TCEP (Chlorinated Flame Retardants)
- Tetrachlorvinphos (Flea and Tick Pesticide)
- Trichloroethylene (TCE)
- Triclosan and Triclocarban (Antibacterials)